A large collection of handwritten sermons has been discovered in Caebach chapel in Llandrindod Wells. The sermons were written by Revd John Jones, AKA Jones the Rock (1820-1907). He was born in Radnorshire, the son of the pastor of the local Rock Baptist Chapel. He trained for ministry at Pontypool Baptist Academy between 1844 – 1847 and, following ordination, he was appointed minister at the nearby chapels of Gladestry and Evenjobb. After a short time ministering in England, he returned to Wales following the death of his father, becoming himself minister at the Rock Chapel in 1860, and eventually at Llandrindod. (Information taken from Addoldai Cymru Newsletter)
Fuller details and information about other chapels can be found (or downloaded) in the Summer 2023 Newsletter of Addoldai Cymru.