Photographic Archive

In addition to its document archive the Society also has an extensive archive of photographs.  These are currently being catalogued by volunteers.  The initial steps in this project are now available to search using the online table below.  We would stress that there are many more photographs still to be added to this catalogue. Some photographs are also contained in the Document Catalogue and we would recommend that this is also searched for images.

More information on the photographs are held on the Catalogue in the Archive.

Click to go to Library page

Click to go to Document Archive page

Search the Photographic Archive

AlbumPhotoSubjectLocationDate Taken
A 1 Presteigne Church from Fold Field. A M Wilson Presteigne 26.11.1930
A 2 Presteigne Church from Fold Field. A M Wilson Presteigne 26.11.1930
A 3 Bleddfa Church roof. A M Wilson Bleddfa 21.07.1928
A 4 The River Lugg - probably near Presteigne. A M Wilson Presteigne 22.05.1931
A 4 The River Lugg - probably near Presteigne. A M Wilson River Lugg 22.05.1931
A 6 Evancoyd. A M Wilson Evancoyd 16.08.1928
A 7 Scottleton Cottage, Presteigne. A M Wilson Presteigne 16.08.1930
A 8 Broad Street, Presteigne. A M Wilson Presteigne 28.07.1930
A 10 The valley of the river Wye, looking towards Builth Wells from Aberedw Rocks River Wye Undated
A 10 The valley of the river Wye, looking towards Builth Wells from Aberedw Rocks Aberedw Undated
A 11 The Slough, Clatter Brook near Presteigne. A M Wilson Presteigne 07.11.1926
A 13 The gorge of the river Edw at Aberedw near the church which can be seen in the middle distance Aberedw Undated
A 16 The river Teme at Knighton Knighton Undated
A 19 Glacial erratic boulder on Carneddau hills near Builth Wells Llanelwedd Undated
A 20 A stone axe-hammer found in a tumulus near the old Aberystwyth road near Rhayader Rhayader Undated
A 22 The Moll Walbee Stone in Llowes churchyard - stone moved into the church in 1956. This is a Celtic Cross Slab - c.11th century Llowes Undated
A 23 Photograph of the excavation of Castell Collen Roman Fort in 1913. Fort originally built c.75/8 - reduced from c.5 acres to c.3.5 acres early in 3rd century Llanyre Undated
A 24 A section of Offa's Dyke on the golf course at Knighton Offa's Dyke Undated
A 24 A section of Offa's Dyke on the golf course at Knighton Knighton Undated
A 25 The ruins of the Cistercian Abbey Cwmhir - dissolved 1538. The headless remains of Llywely ap Gruffudd are said to have been buried in the abbey grounds Abbey Cwmhir Undated
A 26 Prince Llywelyn's Cave is in Aberedw parish - he is said to have sheltered here before his death in 1282. Could be a "hermit's cave" - not a natural cavity Aberedw Undated
A 27 The only Norman tympanum still to be seen in a church in Radnorshire. The date is probably c.1100-1150. (See Richard Haslam's "Radnorshire") Llanbadarn Fawr Undated
A 28 Cefnllys church and Castle Bank - the motte of the castle is clearly shown on the ridge of Castle Bank Cefnllys Undated
A 29 Castelltinboeth (Castle Dimbod) - C13th Mortimer castle. Only a fragment of the NE gate tower remains standing Llananno Undated
A 30 Castelltinboeth (Castle Dimbod) - C13th Mortimer castle. Only a fragment of the NE gate tower remains standing Llananno Undated
A 31 Pilleth Mound said to commemorate the Battle of Pilleth Pilleth Undated
A 32 A section of the moat and earthworks of the motte and bailey Pain's Castle in the village. Henry III began construction in stone in 1233 Painscastle Undated
A 33 The old cock fighting ring at the foot of Llanelwedd Rocks used for mains [?] in the C19th Llanelwedd Undated
A 34 "The Stone's Farm house [SO244589] nr. New Radnor. It is believed that a King sojourned here - I believe King Charles but not certain" New Radnor Undated
A 36 "The famouse Newbridge Horse Fair taken about 40 years ago. (1906)" [Quoted from the envelope enclosing the slide] Newbridge on Wye Undated
A 37 "Small stone erected on Knighton-Presteign Rd. to mark Offa's Dyke - runs through many counties of Wales." [Quoted from envelope enclosing slide] Knighton Undated
A 39 "At the old Leather Tannery, Rhayader at at the Lime Pits. Apart from quarrying the only industry in Radnorshire in 1911." [Quoted from enclosing envelope] Rhayader Undated
A 40 Collared urns of Middle Bronze Age - "from Knighton" Knighton Undated
A 41 Llandrindod Wells Rock Spa - said to have been photographed in 1930 Llandrindod 1930?
A 42 Newbridge Wesleyan Chapel - converted into a house in the late 1950s. "Ray Hope's men had used the slate tablet with dates to mix concrete on and disposed" Newbridge post 1950s?
A 43 Newbridge local persons: Mrs Gordon Davies (sec. Parish Council), Mr Syd Lloyd (railway ganger & sec. of Parish council) & Rev T G Price (Minister) Newbridge late 1950s?
A 44 "A chapel now known as 'Wye View', Newbridge on Wye". J G Davies Newbridge Undated
A 45 "I. Llandrindod W. Roman Road looking N. on the Common" Llandrindod 1933
A 46 "II. Llandrindod Wells Roman Road. Surface exposed on Common - 15 ft. wide (in foreground of photo No. 45 / Box A)" Llandrindod 1933
A 47 "III Llandrindod Wells Roman Road - S. of Electricity Works - looking S" Llandrindod 1933
A 48 "IV. Llandrindod Wells Roman Road - N. of Electricity Works & orchard (crossing corner of field)" Llandrindod 1933
A 49 "New Radnor Castle - Inner Ward from Outer Ward" New Radnor 1933
A 50 "Carreg-wiber Bank, Llandrindod in foreground - NE entrance of prehistoric camp" Llandrindod Undated
A 53 "Pilleth Mound - Pilleth battlefield near Whitton" Pilleth Undated
A 54 Offa's Dyke at the golf course, Knighton Offa's Dyke Undated
A 54 Offa's Dyke at the golf course, Knighton Knighton Undated
A 55 Castelltinboeth (Castle Dimbod) - C13th Mortimer castle. Only a fragment of the NE gate tower remains standing Llananno Undated
A 56 The earthworks of the motte and bailey of Pain's Castle in the village of Painscastle - from the N. Henry III began construction in 1233 Painscastle Undated
A 57 Bronze Age cairn: "A Tumulus on Carneddau opened in 1906 showing the 'Cistfaeb' or stone chamber" Llanelwedd Undated
A 58 The old cock fighting ring at the foot of Llanelwedd Rocks used for mains [?] in the C19th - duplicate of photo No. 33 / Box A Llanelwedd Undated
A 59 Glacial erratic boulder on Carneddau. Similar picture to photo No. 19 / Box A Llanelwedd Undated
A 60 Hut circle: "Foundation of a Goidel Hut discovered on Carneddau 6 miles from Llandrindod" Llanelwedd Undated
A 61 W H Howse Memorial at John Beddoes School, Presteigne. Plaque set up by the Radnorshire Society in 1976 Presteigne 1976?
A 62 W H Howse Memorial at John Beddoes School, Presteigne. Plaque set up by the Radnorshire Society in 1976 Presteigne 1976?
A 63 W H Howse Memorial at John Beddoes School, Presteigne. Plaque set up by the Radnorshire Society in 1976 Presteigne 1976?
A 64 W H Howse Memorial at John Beddoes School, Presteigne. Plaque set up by the Radnorshire Society in 1976. Unveiling of plaque by [left to right] E V Howells, Mrs E M Howse, Ffransis Payne and E J L Cole
A 64 Disserth. Three-decker pulpit of 1687 in the church of St. Cewydd. 1959
A 65 Bleddfa Church. Bleddfa 'mound' excavation by Dr. Lawrence Butler. "The excavated mound and tower from North-West. Crown Copyright - RCAHM of Wales
A 66 Bleddfa Church. Bleddfa 'mound' excavation by Dr. Lawrence Butler. Crown Copyright reserved - RCAHM of Wales
A 67 Bleddfa Church. Bleddfa 'mound' excavation by Dr. Lawrence Butler. Crown Copyright reserved - RCAHM of Wales. "Stair within thickness of west tower wall looking north from topmost of remaining step"
A 68 Bleddfa Church. Bleddfa 'mound' excavation by Dr. Lawrence Butler. Crown Copyright reserved - RCAHM of Wales. "North-west angle of tower showing string-course, external plastering and composition of wall"
A 69 Stanage Park [misnamed Stanage Castle on photograph] House started on site of earlier house by Humphrey Repton in 1807 and added to by John Adey Repton in 1822 and later by Edward Haycock in 1845
A 72 Far Hall, Llanfihangel Rhydithon. Stone clustered chimney stack with Victorian chimney pots - Far Hall [17th. Century] Ref. to Richard Haslam, "Powys" [1979] p254 Undated
A 73 Far Hall, Llanfihangel Rhydithon. Carved overmantel - Far Hall [17th. Century] Ref. to Richard Haslam, "Powys"
A 74 Far Hall, Llanfihangel Rhydithon. Carved panelling - Far Hall [17th. Century] Ref. to Richard Haslam, "Powys"
A 75 Old Font in the Churchyard, Llanbadarn Fawr, Rads. Photographed between 1900 and 1912
A 76 Old Font St. Clement's Church, Rhayader. 12th. Century font - has four projecting heads. Photographed between 1900 and 1912
A 77 Old Cottages, Llansantffraed Cwmdeuddwr. Old Cottages - unsited in village. Photographed between 1900 and 1912
A 78 "Old cottages on way to church, Beguildy" Photographed between 1900 and 1912
A 79 Rood Screen, Llananno Church. Rood screen c1500 with restoration of 1880 and 1960 - best in Radnorshire Photographed between 1900 and 1912
A 80 St. Michael's Church, Beguildy. "Beguildy, 1905, after old tower fell, 1894, before bell-cote was erected recently" Photographed between 1900 and 1912
A 81 Rood Screen and pulpit St. Michael's Church, Beguildy Photographed between 1900 and 1912
A 82 Vestry, St. Michael's Church, Beguildy. Vestry constructed with 16th. C. panels from the old vicarage and topped by 18th. C rails Photographed between 1900 and 1912
A 90 Llowes. Boundary Stone, Llowes/Clyro parish Boundary. Unusual boundary stone at Nat. Grid Ref. S]/1888 4358. Undated
A 97 Llanbister, Royal Rent Hole, Llanbister. Undated photograph showing the ceremony at the Royal Rent Hole, Llanbister - early 20th century
A 98 Royal Rent Hole, Llanbister. Undated photograph of group at the Royal Rent Hole, Llanbister - early 20th century
A 99 Royal Rent Hole, Llanbister. Undated photograph of man standing in an arm at the Royal Rent Hole, Llanbister - early 20th century
A 100 Royal Rent Hole, Llanbister. Undated photograph of the Royal Rent Hole, Llanbister
A 101 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. Llewellyn Evan Thomas and his wife outside Pencerrig house 1936
A 102 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. Llewellyn Evan Thomas and his wife outside Pencerrig house September1934
A 103 The Hall, Abbey Cwmhir. Lt. Col. John L.Phillips and Mrs. Phillips; [The Hall, Abbey Cwmhir] Mrs. Evan-Thomas; and Capt. Aubrey Thomas [Cefndyrys] Photographed outside The Hall, Abbey Cwmhir by Commander Charles Evan-Thomas. 19.09.1948
A 104 The Hall, Abbey Cwmhir. Lt. Col. John L.Phillips and Mrs. Phillips; [The Hall, Abbey Cwmhir] Mrs. Evan-Thomas; and Capt. Aubrey Thomas [Cefndyrys] Photographed outside The Hall, Abbey Cwmhir by Commander Charles Evan-Thomas. 19/9/1948 19.09.1948
A 106 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. Llewellyn Evan-Thomas posing with "his big fish" outside Pencerrig - 1936
A 107 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. The dining room at Pencerrig - October 1935
A 108 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. Pencerrig - winter 1946/7
A 109 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. The drive at Pencerrig - winter 1946/7
A 110 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. The drive at Pencerrig cleared of snow - winter 1946/7
A 111 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. Snowdrifts at Pencerrig - winter 1946/7
A 112 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. Snow clearing at Pencerrig - winter 1946/7
A 113 Carneddau, Llanelwedd. Carneddau hills from Pencerrig - winter 1946/7
A 114 River Wye [? At Llanelwedd] Frozen river Wye - 1947
A 115 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. Christmas tree at Pencerrig - 1947
A 116 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. Commander Charles Evan-Thomas with Christmas tree at Pencerrig - 1947
A 117 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. Christmas tree at Pencerrig - 1948
A 118 Pencerrig, Llanelwedd. Commander Charles Evan-Thomas with Christmas tree at Pencerrig - 1948
A 123 Llansantffraid Cwmdeuddwr. Claerwen Dam. The Claerwen Dam under construction in 1950
A 124 Llansantffraid Cwmdeuddwr. Claerwen Dam. The Claerwen Dam under construction in 1950
A 133 Cwmbach School, Cwmbach Llechrhyd. Cwmbach School Sports Day - late 1940s. Mothers Egg and Spoon Race
A 134 Cwmbach School, Cwmbach Llechrhyd. Cwmbach School Sports Day - late 1940s. Three-Legged Race
A 135 Cwmbach School. Cwmbach Llechrhyd. Cwmbach School Sports Day - late 1940's. Junior Three Legged Race - only one pair of girls
A 136 Cwmbach School. Cwmbach Llechrhyd. Cwmbach School Sports Day - late 1940's. Mothers' Sack Race
A 147 Maesyronnen Chapel, Glasbury. Independent chapel founded 1696/7 and one of the earliest in Wales. An older -? 16th cent. - farm building converted to use as a chapel 28.08.1958
A 177 Llandrindod Wells Musical Society. Group photograph of the Llandrindod Wells Musical Society - c.1920
A 178 Royal Show Ground, Llanelwedd. Anne Goodwin, Joy Ashton and Ruth Jones relaxing after setting up the Society's display of Radnorshire photographs for the Royal Welsh Show July 2000
A 179 Royal Show Ground, Llanelwedd. Alwin Batley, Anne Goodwin, Joy Ashton and Ruth Jones relaxing after setting up the Society's display of Radnorshire photographs for the Royal Welsh Show July 2000
A 180 Royal Show Ground, Llanelwedd. Alwin Batley, Anne Goodwin, Joy Ashton and Ruth Jones relaxing after setting up the Society's display of Radnorshire photographs for the Royal Welsh Show July 2000
A 181 King's Rent Hole, Llanbister. Re-Enactment of bidding at the King's Rent Hole at Llanbister. Undated but appears to be post World War 2
A 182 King's Rent Hole, Llanbister. Re-Enactment of bidding at the King's Rent Hole at Llanbister Undated but appears to be post World War 2
B 1 Hundred House Mill on a working day, c.1900 Hundred House c.1900
B 2 Last cleaning party at Hundred House Mill, c.1932 Hundred House c.1932
B 3 Feeding the leat cleaning party at Hundred House Mill, c.1932 Hundred House c.1932
B 4 [Reverse of 4B] The Rectory built 1881-4 and later Plas Winton and eventually enlarged to form the Commodore Hotel. Rough ground in foreground became Temple Gardens. Llandrindod undated
B 4 [Reverse of 4A] The freestanding building to right of centre is John Hutchinson's "Proprietary School for the sons of Gentlemen". It opened on 20 Sep. 1876. Hutchinson retired in 1879, but the college continued until 1883. The foreground is occupied by Rock Park in its early stages of development. Llandrindod undated
B 5 Radnorshire County Council members assembled outside the County Hall - later the Magistrates Court and Police Station. Llandrindod undated
B 6 Radnorshire County Council members assembled outside the County Hall - later the Magistrates Court. Llandrindod undated
B 8 Arlais Brook, Rock Park, Llandrindod Llandrindod undated
B 9 Bleddfa Church and the mound adjacent to it from the north-west before the excavation of the mound in 1961 Bleddfa undated
B 10 Bleddfa Church and the mound adjacent to it from the north-west before the excavation of the mound in 1961 Bleddfa undated
B 11 The south-west angle of Bleddfa Church showing the rebuilt west wall with large sandstone blocks resting on the stringcourse of the destroyed tower, Bleddfa 22433
B 12 The south-west angle of Bleddfa Church looking west. Showing the rebuilt west wall with large sandstone quoins in the rubble walling resting on the stringcourse of the destroyed tower. The ruler is placed on the stringcourse. Excavation June 1961. Bleddfa 22433
B 13 Excavation of the Bleddfa Church mound; trench from the north-west showing the north wall of the destroyed tower. Bleddfa Assume June 1961
B 14 The north-east angle of the destroyed tower is visible in the north wall of the Nave. The Nave wall (on the left) abuts on the tower which displays large cornerstones in situ and plaster on the North Face. Excavation June 1961. Bleddfa 22433
B 15 Trench from the north-west showing the North wall of the destroyed tower. Plaster still adheres to the exterior surface. The stringcourse is visible to the left of the ranging pole - the rubble filled centre of the tower is to the right of the pole. Excavation June 1961. Bleddfa 22433
B 16 Trench from the north-west; same view as No. 15 but showing more of the North wall of the destroyed tower. Excavation June 1961. Bleddfa Assume June 1961
B 17 The north-west angle of the destroyed tower. The North wall is to the left of the ranging pole. The West wall is to the right of the pole with a ruler resting on a stringcourse. Excavation June 1961. Bleddfa Assume June 1961
B 18 Details of the construction of the face of the North wall of the destroyed tower with stringcourse showing to the left of the pole. Excavation June 1961. Bleddfa 22433
B 19 Detail of the West wall of the destroyed tower showing the stringcourse - batter or slope at the base - foundation course of large slabs. Note the stony composition of the mound. Bleddfa 22433
B 20 North wall of the destroyed tower looking East showing the rubble filled construction of the interior [of the mound]. Excavated June 1961. Bleddfa 22433
B 21 Looking down the stairs within the thickness of the West wall of the destroyed tower, showing the steepness of the flight (a vertical climb of 76" in a horizontal distance of 62"). Bleddfa Excavated June 1961
B 22 Stair in the thickness of the West wall of the destroyed tower, looking North from the Topmost remaining step. Excavated June 1961. Bleddfa 22433
B 23 Trench in the mound from the North-west at the start of the second period of excavation - February 1962. Bleddfa 22678
B 24 Stair doorway in the West wall of the destroyed tower. First step is just visible on left side of the doorway. Excavated June 1961 Bleddfa 22433
B 24 Rood screen at St Anno's Church, c.1500. Parts renewed in 1880 and 1960. Photographed 1957. Llananno Photographed 1957
B 25 Interior of the destroyed tower at North-west angle - similar viewpoint as at No. 24 - showing the rubble filling of the stair in the thickness of the West wall. Bleddfa Excavated June 1961
B 25 Interior of St Stephen's Church with late C15th screen of the Gloucestershire type. Gilding and painting of saints removed in the C19th. Old Radnor Photographed 1957
B 26 Interior of the destroyed tower at North-west angle - a put-log hole is on the right margin of the photograph. Early stage of the 1961 excavation. Bleddfa 1961
B 26 Medieval encaustic floor tiles in St Stephen's Church, Old Radnor. 1959. This is an enlarged portion of photograph No. 61 in Box B. Old Radnor 1959
B 27 The view South West from Llanfihangel Nant Melan, 1961. Llanfihangel-n-Melan 1961
B 27 Lower House, Evenjobb, from the West before damage by fire. Evenjobb undated
B 28 Lower House, Evenjobb, from the South after the destruction of the byre. Evenjobb undated
B 29 Lower House, Evenjobb, decorative timberwork on the front elevation. Evenjobb undated
B 30 Lower House, Evenjobb, close-up of a carved wooden bracket supporting the jettied upper storey. Evenjobb undated
B 31 Lower House, Evenjobb, detail of doorhead. Evenjobb undated
B 31 Portrait of Thomas Jones, Senior (father of Thomas Jones the artist). Lived at Trefonnen and then later at Pencerrig. Portrait painted autumn 1768 by Guiseppi F L Marchi (1735 -1808) and later a friend of Thomas Jones, Junior, the artist. The portrait is at Brithdir Hall, Berriew - the home of the Humphreys family. Llandrindod and Llanelwedd undated
B 32 Cottage Farm from the South. Evenjobb undated
B 33 Cottage Farm, Evenjobb, from the South-west. Evenjobb undated
B 34 Cottage Farm, Evenjobb - diagonal timbering as seen externally. Evenjobb undated
B 35 The Prince of Wales at the Scout Jamboree at Llandrindod Wells Llandrindod ?1926
B 36 A cup-marked stone in the parish of Llanfihangel-Nant- Melan. Published in TRS 1968. Llanfihangel-nant-M undated
B 37 Photograph of a painting by Thomas Jones of Pencerrig (1742-1803). The subject - "The Carneddau Hills from Pencerrig". The current owner of the picture, and also the copyright of the photograph is Mrs J Evan-Thomas. The photo was presented by Mrs Evan-Thomas via R C B Oliver. Mrs Evan-Thomas lived at Pencerrig from 1947 to 1952 Llanelwedd and Carneddau undated
B 38 Photograph of a drawing of Trefonnen made by Thomas Jones of Pencerrig in 1795. Trefonnen/Cefnllys undated
B 39 Photograph (of the Rhayader Flower Show) taken over 50 years before 1942. Rhayader 1892?
B 40 Photograph (of the Rhayader Flower Show) taken over 50 years before 1942. Rhayader 1892?
B 41 Photograph (of the Rhayader Flower Show) taken over 50 years before 1942. Rhayader 1892?
B 43 The Lake at Llandrindod Wells. Photograph must be post 1919 as Norton's garage shows quite clearly, with the rear extension. Llandrindod post-1919
B 44 ?Temple Street from the Common. Llandrindod undated
B 45 The Municipal Bowling Green at Rock Park, Llandrindod Wells. Llandrindod probably 1930s
B 46 The original County Hall for Radnorshire; now the Magistrates' Court and Police Station. Llandrindod Soon after 1909
B 47 Abortive coal mining venture: Test boring rig for the proposed mine at Folly Farm - April 1912. No coal found. Aaron Griffiths, promoter, standing in the foreground with his brother Richard on his right. Presteigne April 1912
B 48 Storage shed, truck and tramway leading to a drift shaft behind the larger shed. April 1912. No coal found. Presteigne 1912?
B 49 Abortive coal mining venture: tramway leading to the drift shaft for the mine - 1912/1915. No coal found. Presteigne 1915?
B 51 The Lake, Llandrindod Wells, 1958. Llandrindod 1958
B 52 The Lake, Llandrindod Wells, 1956. Llandrindod 1956
B 53 St Padarn's Church at Llanbarn-y-Garreg. Nave possibly C14th, 1961. Llanbadarn y Garreg 1961
B 54 Sanctuary ring on the door of St David's Church, Rhulen. 1959. Rhulen. 1959
B 55 Village of Hundred House, 1959. Llansantffraed 1959
B 56 Hundred House Inn at Hundred House village, 1959. Llansantffraed 1959
B 57 Broad Street, Knighton, 1960. Knighton 1960
B 58 Broad Street, Knighton, 1960. Knighton 1960
B 59 The Clock Tower at Knighton, 1960. Designed by the Haddon Brothers (1872) who were also responsible for Glasbury Church. [Hay on Wye Clock Tower, built later, is of the same design.] 1960
B 60 The Clock Tower at Knighton, 1955. Designed by the Haddon Brothers (1872) who were also responsible for Glasbury Church. Knighton 1955
B 61 Medieval encaustic floor tiles in St Stephen's Church, Old Radnor. 1959. Old Radnor 1959
B 62 Stained glass window replicating the early C16th organ case at the church of St Stephen, Old Radnor. This window is in Worcester Cathedral and was a gift of John Randall, died 1920. It commemorates five past organists. (1968) Old Radnor 1968
B 63 The village of New Radnor from the hill called The Smatcher. 1961. New Radnor 1961
B 65 The Radnorshire Arms, Beguildy. 1956 Beguildy 1956
B 66 The old Aberystwyth road north of the Nant Serw bridge (identified by Bryan Lawrence). Late C19th. St Harmon ?Late C19th
B 67 This scene of the Elan river was somewhere near Nantgwillt Church (Bryan Lawrence). Late C19th. Llansantffraed Cwmdeuddwr ?Late C19th
B 68 Footbridge over the river Wye just north of the Wye/Marteg confluence. (Bryan Lawrence). Late C19th St Harmon
B 69 Footbridge over the river Wye at Glynn at the junction of the Wye and the Elan river. A footbridge on this site carries the Wye Valley Walk today. (inf. Bryan Lawrence). Late C19th Llansantffraed Cwmdeuddwr ?Late C19th
B 70 Cwm Elan House from Craig y Foel before the construction of the Craig Ddu Reservoir which caused the destruction of the house. The house had associations with the poet Shelley. Llansantffraed Cwmdeuddwr Late C19th
B 71 Site of the dam for the Craig Ddu Reservoir with the roofs of Cwm Elan House [see No.70] in the middle distance and left of centre. Llansantffraed Cwmdeuddwr Late 1890s
B 72 Caban Coch Reservoir under construction. Llansantffraed Cwmdeuddwr Late 1890s
B 73 Elan Valley Dam Construction: workmen's accommodation in right middle distance. Llansantffraed Cwmdeuddwr Late 1890s
B 74 Elan Valley Dam Construction (photogrpah in duplicate). Llansantffraed Cwmdeuddwr Late 1890s
B 75 Nant Gwyllt: the site of this house lies under Caban Coch Reservoir today. It had 8 bays with a pedimental gable and a hipped roof. Probably enlarged by Thomas Lewis Lloyd c.1770. The staircase was said to be "of massive oak". It was the home of the Lloyd family for generations. It was rented by the poet Shelley in 1812. Nantgwyllt c.1880-1890
B 76 Llandrindod County School staff and pupils: W Saunders (HT); Miss A M Evans (on his left); Miss Tamlin (on his right) and Mr Dean [large man] music master and organist at Holy Trinity Church. Llandrindod c.1909
B 77 Llangunllo National School: staff and female pupils. Llangunllo c.1900
B 78 Former Old County Club Hotel: it became the central library for Powys County Council. [Now transferred to The Gwalia.] Llandrindod date unknown
B 80 St Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Bleddfa. West end of C13?/14th church with remains of fallen tower revealed. Bleddfa 37702
B 81 St Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Bleddfa. West end of C13?/14th church with remains of fallen tower revealed. Bleddfa 37702
B 82 St Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Bleddfa. West end of C13?/14th church. Bleddfa 37702
B 83 St Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Bleddfa. West end of C13?th/14th church with part of fallen tower revealed. Bleddfa 37646
B 84 St Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Bleddfa. West end of C13?th/14th church from the North. Clap-boarded bell turret of c.1711 date. Bleddfa 37646
B 85 St Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Bleddfa. West end of C13?th/14th church from the North. Clap-boarded bell turret of c.1711 date. Bleddfa 37675
B 86 St Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Bleddfa. Roof timbers including wind-braces in the C15th style. Bleddfa 2002
B 87 St Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Bleddfa. Roof timbers including wind-braces in the C15th style. Bleddfa 2002
B 89 St Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Bleddfa. Late C13th chancel addition to the church with replacement lancet windows of 1907. Bleddfa Undated
B 90 St Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Bleddfa. Photograph of the church with its collapsed tower mound. (Duplicate of No. B10) Bleddfa 1961
B 91 St Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Bleddfa. Stair doorway in NW angle of tower after excavation in 1961. (Duplicate of No. A66) Bleddfa ?1961